GET IN THERE,
Your short film can be about anything – let your imagination run wild. You might be into satire or animation, or maybe you want to shoot it at Spring Bay Mill on Tasmania’s East Coast. Or you can do something else entirely, it’s up to you. We don’t want to influence your storytelling, but just ask that there’s a reference to our 2022 signature theme ‘SPRING’ somewhere in your film – how you choose to do that is totally your call.
Entries open on Monday 1 November 2021
Deadline for Submissions is Monday 25 April 2022 (midnight)
Premiere Screening Event: 5.30pm, Friday 20 May 2022 at Spring Bay Mill, Tasmania.
Awards & Prizes
- Cash prizes from $500 to $5K per category.
- Three prizes awarded in each category.
- Free travel and accommodation to attend the Premier Event at Spring Bay Mill.
- Junior Category: 21 years of age and under at the time of entry.
- Open Category: 22 years and over.
- Free entry.
- Film duration is 2–5 minutes.
- Entries open to Australian residents.
- Original work created within 2 years of the VSFF entry closing date.
- All selected films must be available for screening on 16:9, MP4.
- All films must be in English or have English subtitles.
- Entries must not have been broadcast publicly or online.
- First Nations participation encouraged.
- Read the complete Terms and Conditions before you enter.
- Make sure your film file has your name and the title.