What kind of material is VSFF most interested in supporting?
Your short film can be about anything – let your imagination run wild. You might be into satire or animation, or maybe you want to shoot it at Spring Bay Mill on Tasmania’s East Coast. Or you can do something else entirely, it’s up to you. We don’t want to influence your storytelling, but just ask that there’s a reference to our 2022 signature ‘SPRING’ somewhere in your film – how you choose to do that is totally your call.
What are the eligibility requirements for submitting a film to VSFF?
- All films must be 2-5mins in duration.
- All films must include the 2022 signature theme ‘SPRING’
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- All films must be original and created within 2 years of the entry closing date.
- All films must not have been broadcast publicly or online before.
- Filmmakers are responsible for ensuring all copyright on their materials is cleared.
- Films can be created on any device and must be submitted 16:9 as MP4.
- By submitting to VSFF, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience and online at Spring Bay Mill.
What categories are there?
Just two and it’s all to do with your age.
1. Junior (21 years and under).
2. Open (22 years and over).
What do I need to submit to enter the VSFF?
An image of yourself, plus up to 300 words, which should include your bio, a description of your film, and how you’ve used the signature theme.
Your name, address, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, the category you’re entering.
Your original short 2–5min, 16:9 MP4 film.
Does it cost to apply for VSFF?
No, it’s all free.
When is VSFF’s application deadline?
Monday 25 April 2022 (midnight)
How do I know if I’ve been shortlisted?
You will be notified via email and phone.
When will I be notified if I’m selected for VSFF?
We will let you know by Friday 6 May 2022.
What do I win?
- Cash prizes will be awarded to 3 (three) films in each category.
- Domestic airfare and accommodation will be arranged for successful applicants who are not currently based in Tasmania, Australia.
If I’m shortlisted and do not win, will my film be shown?
It could be, ten (10) highly commended works will be broadcast.
Do participants pay for travel and accommodation?
Domestic airfare and accommodation will be arranged for successful applicants who are not currently based in Tasmania, Australia.
Does VSFF own my film?
No, you retain the rights for your film. On submitting to VSFF you give us the rights to broadcast the film and promote the film on our platforms.
How do I contact the VSFF team?
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 8007 7322.