TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, as they set out the conditions governing the Very Short Film Festival and your application to the festival. By submitting an application to Very Short Film Festival (VSFF), you are agreeing to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
The information on Very Short Film Festival’s website including on the application form is part of these Terms and Conditions.
Very Short Film Festival is a new Australian film festival with entries open Monday 1 November 2021. We are seeking masterful, creative and impactful original storytelling. Get creative in a short 2–5 minute film relating to our 2022 signature ‘SPRING’ to win from a range of prizes. Join us at the red carpet event to announce the winning films on Friday 20 May 2022 at Spring Bay Mill, Triabunna, Tasmania.
Your short film can be about anything – let your imagination run wild. You might be into satire or animation, or maybe you want to shoot it at Spring Bay Mill on Tasmania’s East Coast. Or you can do something else entirely, it’s up to you. We don’t want to influence your storytelling, but just ask that there’s a reference to our 2022 signature ‘SPRING’ somewhere in your film – how you choose to do that is totally your call.
Timeline and Key Dates
National call for entries open Monday 1 November 2021.
Deadline for submissions Monday 25 April 2022 (at midnight).
Shortlist announced Friday 6 May 2022.
Premiere and Livestream Event to announce winners 5.30pm, Friday 20 May 2022.
Very Short Film Festival Development Workshop
We welcome anyone wishing to discuss their entry with our team to attend the 2-hour session, date to be confirm in 2022.
- All films must be 2–5mins in duration.
- All films must include the 2022 signature theme ‘SPRING’.
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- All films must be original and created within 2 years of the VSFF entry closing date.
- Filmmakers are responsible for ensuring all copyright on their materials is cleared for all the uses described in these Terms and Conditions.
- Films can be created on any device and must be submitted 16:9 as MP4.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at Spring Bay Mill and online on the VSFF website and its social media platforms.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to 3 (three) selected films in each category (total cash prizes awarded to 6 (six) entries. 1. Junior (21 years of age and under); 2. Open (22 years of age and over). Ten (10) films will be viewed at the festival and online.
- Award-winning nominations will be notified via email and phone and will receive travel and accommodation to attend the screening event at Spring Bay Mill in Tasmania.
- We may promote your film on social media using clips and in the press kits, using the bio, description and image you provide.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the screening event under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes.
- Films must be original works and not previously screened or broadcast online.
- Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
Very Short Film Festival is looking for masterful, creative and impactful original storytelling that incorporates the key signature theme ‘SPRING’.
The Very Short Film Festival judges comprise:
The judging panels decisions are final. Very Short Film Festival’s determination is final and is not subject to appeal in any way. Very Short Film Festival reserves the right to change or amend the structure of the workshop at its own discretion.
By applying to Very Short Film Festival you warrant and represent that:
You have the unencumbered right to grant Artology Ltd and partners the usage rights required as stated in these Terms and Conditions in the submitted film and in the associated materials for publicity. All rights not granted are retained by the applicant.
- Artology Ltd accept no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, nor for claims due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. Artology Ltd have no control over communications networks or services, the internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. Artology Ltd are not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entries via email or other electronic transmission are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by Artology Ltd and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- All entries will be acknowledged by return email to the email address provided by the entrant.
- Each winner will be notified by email to the nominated email address provided by the entrant. If required by law or other relevant authority, Artology Ltd may publish the name and state of residence of the selected entrant. Artology Ltd will not publish the full address of any entrant.
- If unclaimed by the entrant, Artology Ltd reserve the right to award to the next best valid entry as considered by the VSFF team.
- Artology Ltd and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with VSFF or accepting or using, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- If due to any reason whatsoever Artology Ltd become aware after an entrant has been selected that the entrant has not complied with these terms, that entrant will have no entitlement to participate in VSFF, even if Artology Ltd have announced them as participating and that entrant will be required, at the direction of Artology Ltd, to return or forfeit participation.
- Artology Ltd may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any or all entries from, and prohibit further participation by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the program or acts in violation of these terms, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- If for any reason any aspect of the VSFF is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of Artology Ltd, Artology Ltd may in their sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the program, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the relevant state, if required.
- Without limiting any other paragraph, Artology Ltd may at their discretion amend any aspect of this competition or of these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the relevant state, if required.
- Artology Ltd are considered the Promoter of the VSFF Program. The contact details and websites for Artology Ltd and Spring Bay Mill Events P/L are as follows: